Food Service Permit – Special or Temporary Event

This permit application is for food service events operating fewer than 14 days per calendar year. Carnivals, festivals, homecomings, fairs, fundraisers, chili cook-offs, bridal shows, craft/art fairs, car shows, and sporting events are examples of temporary food events permitted by SCDPH. If food is served to the general public for free or at a charge, a permit is required.

To apply for a temporary permit, complete the Temporary Food Permit Application  and return it to SCDPH with the appropriate fee (listed on application) two weeks before the event. The event will be inspected by a Department Sanitarian.

Note that all food must be from an approved source and prepared on-site the day of the event. If food is prepared in advance, or the applicant has not held a temporary event previously, please contact our office at 217-535-3145.

Sangamon County-Code of Ordinances